You will need to choose a route and a start time. If you are supporting by car or cycling round, please see Where to Watch
Choose from one of these three routes.
See Ben’s GoPro video – around the Ring in 2 minutes for a taster
21 Miles – THE COMPLETE WORCESTER RING
- Start and finish at Worcester Canoe Club.
- 18 portages, 2 tunnels and 2 food stops.
- This is the full circle for experienced paddlers – a tough challenge.
15 Miles – THE OFFERTON CRUISE
- Start at Offerton and finish at Worcester Canoe Club.
- 12 portages, 2 tunnels and 1 food stop.
- Still challenging
Choose an appropriate start time for the route you have chosen. You must finish by 5pm so choose a route and start time which will comfortably allow you to do that. If you are not sure why not go for the shorter route – you can always do the full ring another time.
THE COMPLETE WORCESTER RING, 21 miles
*** Registration at club 30-45 minutes before chosen start time. Boats will be started in small groups at short intervals***
- 9 – 9.15 am start – sit on tops, tourers, sea kayaks, more relaxed open canoes. (Registration 8.15)
- 10-10.15 am start – slower racing boats – perhaps div 8-9, fairly speedy open canoes. (Registration 9.15)
- 11 am starts – Faster boats, particular SUP, open canoes
- 11.10 am start – Starts by division for those in BCU Div 1-6 (optional – you can also join the 11am starts)
THE OFFERTON CRUISE, 15 miles
*** We will probably start Offerton paddlers directly from the start at Offerton. Parking is available. We will then drive you back to your car at the end. We will send you fill instructions, maps etc.***
- 10 am start – most open canoes, sit on tops, whitewater boats, tourers, sea kayaks.
- 11 am start – faster K1s, K2s. Super fast Canoes.
or you can see it on the Google Map of the Ring