The Tim Jones Challenge (the Worcester Ring) is our 20 mile circular event through the beautiful Worcestershire countryside. It is open to canoes, kayaks, SUPs and anything else you may care to paddle (although we think K4s are too long to get round the corners…). It’s a varied, interesting circular course on mostly canals with some river. It’s fully marshalled with food and water stops, hot food and showers at the end (covid permitting…) And a challenge, definitely a challenge.
As you can see, the Worcester Ring has been renamed in honour of Tim Jones, our friend and moving force behind the Worcester Ring, who sadly died last year doing the DW,
Sign up to our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed (Occasionally. You can unsubscribe at any time).
- Tim’s article on Outdoors Radar.com
- Video of the Route (YouTube, with thanks to “DISPLACEMENT ACTIVITY”)
- 4x speed round the ring – entertaining and instructive from Chris Sze (“Szechung Kayaker”)
- Ben’s GoPro video – around the Ring in 2 minutes for a taster.
Thanks very much for coming. We are planning to be back in 2022, hope to see you there.
- Results now available
- Lots of photos of the 2021 event
- If you enjoy this sort of thing, the Doggy Paddle is on 25 July this year. It’s a scenic and pleasant 18 miles or so cruise from Leamington to Stratford-on-Avon. Less portages than us, and no tunnels, but they do have a nice castle…
Julian, Russ, Colin, David, Ben
Worcester Canoe Club
Some of the organizers after the 2018 Ring: David, Tim, Julian and Colin.