The Ring will be back in Summer 2021
We are sorry to say that we have decided to cancel this year’s event, due to the difficulties in running a safe and enjoyable event with the coronavirus about. We are determined to be back in late June / early July 2021.
The Worcester Ring Challenge is our 15 or 20 mile circular event through the beautiful Worcestershire countryside. It is open to canoes, kayaks, SUPs and anything else you may care to paddle (although we think K4s are too long to get round the corners…). It’s a varied, interesting circular course on mostly canals with some river. It’s fully marshaled with food and water stops, hot food and showers at the end. And a challenge, definitely a challenge.
As you can see, the Worcester Ring has been renamed in honour of Tim Jones, our friend and moving force behind the Worcester Ring, who sadly died last year doing the DW,
Sign up to our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed (Occasionally. You can unsubscribe at any time).
- Tim’s article on Outdoors Radar.com
- Video of the Route (YouTube, with thanks to “DISPLACEMENT ACTIVITY”)
- Ben’s GoPro video – around the Ring in 2 minutes for a taster.
- Sadly we have decided to cancel this year’s event, due to the difficulties in running a safe and enjoyable event with the coronavirus about. We are determined to be back in late June / early July 2021.
- We are all booked in for Saturday 26th September 2020, including racecourse parking. A bit cooler than July, but fewer angry swans and we hoping the coronavirus will not stop us going ahead. We are continuing preparations but won’t open entries until near the time.
- If you enjoy this sort of thing, the Doggy Paddle is on 14 July this year. It’s a scenic and pleasant 18 miles or so cruise from Leamington to Stratford-on-Avon. Less portages than us, and no tunnels, but they do have a nice castle… [Sadly they had to cancel as well after switching to September]
- Sorry, looks like 19 September date is going to be moved, probably to 26 September. The Hasler Finals has been moved to that date, and a lot of canoe clubs will be there. We will let you know soon. We need to speak to the Worcester Racecourse that we use for parking, and they are under water at the moment. Ho hum.
- Christmas fun filling in forms. We have a date, and have applied for use of the racecourse car parking, permission from the Canal and River Trust and told everyone. Entries should open soon (fear not, it is only the very keen who enter at this time of year).
Julian, Russ, Colin, David, Ben
Worcester Canoe Club
Some of the organizers after the 2018 Ring: David, Tim, Julian and Colin.